Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Big Mistake

So I made a mistake.

It happens. I will be the first to admit that I'm not perfect. Far from it actually. I mean there are days where things just come out of my mouth (usually really dorky things at work) and I'm not "Just stop talking!" to myself.

But that's the the mistake I'm talking about this time.

No, this time, I decided to calculate how many pages there were in the American editions (hardback) of the Harry Potter series. I mean, I have to read all seven books by Feb 27th so I might as well figure out what I'm getting into.

Do you want to know how many there are?
4,100. On the nose.

I'll let that sink in a bit.

FOUR THOUSAND AND ONE HUNDRED PAGES.

In a little over a month. Sure, when I fist read the Harry Potter that would be no problem. But now I work and have a grown-up life.

PLUS! I have to do research.

See, it was a mistake. I have to read 96 pages a day. On off days that's a piece of cake, but on days I don't get home till 7:00 pm... Not so easy.

If you could see me now I'd be puffing my bags up.

It'll be okay though.

Granted, I've only read a little over 730 pages so far. So that's like...18%. Or not. I'm not so great at math.

But I'm going to keep on keeping on. I adored Harry Potter growing up, and how many people get to spend an entire semester writing one paper that focuses on something they've loved since they were in 6th grade (maybe more than I think) but it's still awesome.

TO VICTORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment