Monday, July 25, 2011

*Evil Laughter*

I turned in my critical paper. YES!

And sadly, to quote Charlie Sheen... "Winning!" Ugh. I hate myself a little bit for even typing that. Blech. I need to clean my keyboard off now.

Back to the point. Paper = done. Ha! I almost don't even care what grade I get on it. I'm just epically glad that its done.

And yet... And yet it's not my favorite paper so I don't feel the same satisfaction. It's like, sure this is a good paper but it's nothing that I'll pick up again and expand upon. Which is a bit of a bummer because I did learn a lot. So it goes.

And also, the term here is coming to a close, but I'm not all that relieved. I guess it's because it's not like I'll be getting a big break. I'll be doing two online classes this fall (both creative) and then a directed study in the spring.

So, the point of this post. There is none. Just that, no matter how much I complain about writing critical papers. I can do them. And I think I kind-a kick ass at them on a certain level. No. I'm not the next big literary critic, and I don't want to be. But I think that I'm pretty awesome at (and I think this applies for all creative writers that write critical stuff) making the critical approachable and being able to use some nice descriptive verbs and whatnot that make the paper more fun to read.

Suck it vampires (the doubtful kind... see previous post)
Suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment