Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Update

Okay, so there are a few things I'll touch on this post. Hence the title, "update."

First off, I did my first guest stint as a blogger recently! I reviewed a movie (Trick 'r Treat) for my friend Cameron's blog. It was super fun. I have a link to his blog in my blog roll over here(ish) -----> 
And really, don't just check out my post, but his whole blog. Right now he's reviewing different Halloween movies (holiday themed - not the Halloween) for the entire month of October. He knows his movie stuff - like epically better than I do.   

Next, I think my whole vision for this blog has been a bit sporadic. I give out advice and book review. I plan on keeping that up. But really, I started this blog to be about the life of an English grad student and I think I want to head back in that direction.  So yes, there will still be blog posts that focus on the craft, advice, books... but there will be more about my struggles with my thesis. 

Lastly, I am so excited to be working on my thesis! I had my first video conference with my thesis advisor (Delia) and not only did I feel it went really well, but I kinda felt like I was in some awesome sci-fi movie. I mean, I'm not that old, but when we first got a computer, back when I was eight, I was stoked about being able to type. Now, I'm working face-to-face with my advisor who is like a thousand miles away. That's super cool.

So - at the moment I am rewriting Chapter One. Not from scratch really, but I've tucked that other first chapter away in a saved folder on my laptop. Now, I'm working on a whole new chapter one. Originally I thought it would be super frustrating, but no. It's been kind of fun. And I think I'll save that for the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment