Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not A Harry Potter Post

Here it is! Finally a post that is not about Harry Potter.

I finished my annotated bibliography and got it turned in. Woooo! I have never written a paper that will (hopefully) be 22 pages. I'm not gonna lie, even though I'm a writer 22 pages of not creative writing is very daunting. However, bright side, my annotated biblee was 5 pages long. That's right. FIVE FREAKING PAGES! It's time to take a little breather.

So sure, even though I'm reading the last HP book, I am taking a break (sorta).

What's been going on in the world since I OD-ed on HP?

Well, (and here's where the sorta plays in) J.K. Rowling announced her plans for publishing a new book. I'm not aure about you all out there in web-world, but I'm a bit on the fence about this. I'm worried it will be like seeing your favorite actor in the behind the scenes feature on the DVD - it kills the spell that the movie could be real. I'm really excited to see what she does and what else her amazing mind can produce... BUT at the same time, it almost breaks the spell. I will wait to make up my mind when we know more about this new book.

Also I have realized that I don't have enough time to read all the books I want to read: The Hunger Games, Cinder, The Fault in Our Stars... not to name all the books I've procured over the years that I still haven't gotten to. But, I think I can make time for some audiobooks... esp when they are handpicked and produced by Neil Gaiman. Why has it taken me so long to find this? Neil Gaiman Presents? Check it out here. Such good fun.

Thirdly, I can finally access my former college professor's blog on my home computer. Why did it not work before? I don't know... BUT, I have a link to it in my blog roll. He always has fun tidbits and news about fantasy, writing, and other things. I really think you should check it out.

Lastly, Castle had my favorite episode on last night. It was all new and all awesome. Castle + fairy tale characters being murdered = some good monday night fun. Also, the other week Nathan Fillion (Mr. Rick Castle himself) was on Jimmy Kimmel. You can check out both episodes on the network webpage.

So that's what I got right now. I have another clip to share with you all, but you'll have to wait until next time :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment